“It’s all about staying cool,” said Gloria Johnson, director of customer service for Entergy Mississippi, Inc. “Entergy has seen a dramatic increase in overall electricity consumption over last summer. We expect many of our customers will see higher electric bills in August and September as record-breaking temperatures continue to make it the hottest summer in the state in several years.”
To help customers manage their energy usage, company officials are sharing energy-saving tips and other important information through community presentations and targeted communications.
“We want our customers to know that we’re committed to working with them to ease the financial burden that summer electric bills can create,” said Johnson. “Also, there are things customers can do to help control their cooling costs.”
The company recommends the following:
· Conserve power. Set your thermostat at 78 degrees and use fans to move air around. Seal air leaks around windows and doors. Close curtains to block out incoming direct sun.
· Stay in touch and manage your account using My Account online and take advantage of helpful features such as our Bill Analyzer, billing and payment programs, and e-mail and text alerts.
· Get on Level Billing. Level Billing averages your electricity bill across 12 months. The summertime spikes disappear.
· We also offer Pick-A-Date, which is especially helpful if you receive monthly income checks and need to know how to plan your payments.
· Need more time to pay your bill? Call us. For qualifying customers, Entergy can delay the due date of your bill. Entergy Mississippi also offers assistance to elderly and disabled customers through The Power to Care program. To see if you qualify for this program, contact The Salvation Army.
· To take advantage of these or other services we offer, visit entergy.com and use My Account Online. New users need only their account number and ZIP code to register. Customers can also call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749).