MS Blood Services at HHS on March 26
Mississippi Blood Services will be returning to the Hazlehurst High School On Tuesday, March 26, from 9:00.a.m. until 3:30 p.m. The Donor Coach will be located in the back of the school near the New Gym. Blood donations from anyone who can give will be appreciated.
Who Can and Cannot Give?
YOU ARE A POTENTIAL CANDIDATE TO DONATE BLOOD IF YOU…
• Are 16 years of age or older, weigh at least 110 pounds and are in good health.
YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO DONATE IF YOU…
• Have donated whole blood in the last 8 weeks
• Have had mononucleosis or major surgery in the last 6 months or
minor surgery in the last 2 months
• Have been pregnant in the last 6 weeks
• Have had tattoos in the last 7 days or body piercing at a licensed facility in the last 6 months.
• Have had malaria in the past 3 years
• Have had heart disease or heart surgery
• Have had dental work in 3 days or teeth cleaned in 24 hours
• Are currently on antibiotics or currently experiencing allergic symptoms
• Have HIV/AIDS or are in a high-risk group for AIDS
• Have Hepatitis or test positive for Hepatitis after the age of 11
• Have Liver Disease or Lung Disease
• Have had Cancer in the last year
• Have abnormal bleeding tendencies including Hemophilia
• Have engaged in intravenous drug use
• Have leukemia, lymphomas or any blood diseases
• Have sickle cell anemia
About Mississippi Blood Services
Mississippi Blood Services (MBS) is a not-for-profit blood service, founded in 1979. Our mission is to provide a safe and adequate supply of voluntarily donated blood and blood components for patients in hospitals and to offer related services to our hospitals and other medical facilities.
MBS is the only FDA licensed blood center headquartered in Mississippi, created to manage our state’s blood supply. We service 49 hospitals across the state.
MBS operates nine drawing centers across the State of Mississippi with distribution hubs in Jackson, Oxford and Greenville. MBS supplies a safe and adequate supply of blood and blood products to hospitals in Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas and Tennessee.
MBS is licensed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), a founding member of Blood Centers of America, Inc. (BCA/hemerica), a member of America’s Blood Centers (ABC), and a member of the South Central Association of Blood Banks (SCABB).
For more information, visit www.msblood.com on the world wide web.