Christmas night fire damages house A house on South Jackson Street in Crystal Springs was severely damaged by fire Christmas night. According to local volunteer firefighters, the original dispatch went to the Hazlehurst Fire Department where there is also a Jackson Street. The confusion caused a delay in response time, but volunteers said units were on the scene within 3-4 minutes of Crystal Springs finally being called out, and that the fire was out in about 10 minutes. However, the fire burned through the roof and caused extensive damage to the house. The Crystal Springs Fire Department and the Hopewell and New Zion Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the call.